The revolution starts at home

The revolution starts at home

About Me

My photo
i believe in uninhibited expression of self . I'm progressive about my principles , dynamic in absorption of new ideas and knowledge.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Do we need a religion and the God???


" My own view of religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it a disease born of fear , and as source of untold nuisancy to the human race.I cannot however deny that it has made some contribution to civilization. It helped in early days to fix the calander and it caused the Egyptian priest to chronicle eclipses with such care that in time they become able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I donot know any other."
Bernard Russell
In this era of reason where everything is viewed on its reasonablity and practicability, do we need a religon to show us what is right and what is wrong?  Why is so injustice on this earth if there is a God, who loves us ? If there is a God why do I need to know him? Would it make a difference to my life ? Why do the god shrouds in the uncertainity and incomprehensibility?
These are some simple questions which, when are not answered makes a person to choose a path of a hedonist. 

1 comment:

  1. do we need a religon to show us what is right and what is wrong? Why is so injustice on this earth if there is a God, who loves us ? If there is a God why do I need to know him?

    There are about 4200 religions across the globe. I'm going to reply to your questions according to the riligion I follow. So you have to get another 4199 replies (or even more) to know it completely, if you remain unsatisfied by the points I'm going to put here.

    We surely don't need religion to tell us what is wrong and what is right?..Actually, religion tells nothing is wrong or right it is how and for what purpose we do it is what makes it right or wrong?

    You kill Laden and it is not wrong, but if you kill your class mate it is wrong even if he and Laden are from same land. Simply, we don't need religion to tell us what is wrong and what is right (hereafter, written as wiw&wir).

    TRUELY, it's not we need religion, it's you need religion and i need religion. Religion is personal.

    Do you ever sit with yourself? No, because you have lost yourself to yourself and it is so because you have lost religion or God or yourself or your own self.

    Justice and injustice is not because God loves or hates you but because you reap what you sow. Death or life, you get what you give.

    Who says you need to know God..You need to know yourself. You need to be yourself and not somebody else be what you are. A drop of water in river is going to get into ocean one day and will become ocean that day.

    Calamities and others are like high tides and low tides in an ocean.

    I will explain all this in detail on my blog.

    ReplyDelete